Take the next step in your career and act on this opportunity to join the quality team of a major agricultural lending institution! FCS Financial is seeking an independent, confident, pro-active self-starter. The Vice President, Technical Operations leads the design, implementation, and maintenance of the Association’s on- and off-site technology infrastructure. Participates in the planning and execution of the organization’s technology strategies. This is a fast-paced, challenging, and mobile environment. This position is located at our Central Office location in Jefferson City, Missouri.
This position will be open until filled.
This position is classified as Exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Department: Information Services
Reports To: Chief Information Officer
Supervises: All employees in the Technical Operations Department
- Plans, designs, develops, and implements technical infrastructure and platforms, including on-site and cloud solutions and related systems to ensure user’s needs are met and data is processed according to company specifications and requirements, and services are able to be delivered according to the platform and channel strategy of the organization. Users include both internal and external customers,
- Designs, implements and manages an ecosystem of vendors and partners to provide infrastructure, services, application and business capabilities for the organization.
- Develops, updates, and implements policies, procedures and standards related to systems, technology, and related infrastructure
- Ensures hardware and software is maintained, kept up to date, and well secured.
- Prepares and maintains technical specifications and related documentation to secure procedures and prevent system failure.
|25%||Business and Technology Planning|
- Collaborates with company management and staff to establish long-term strategies, annual business plans and budgets
- Maintains an understanding of company business strategies and needs and researches, selects and recommends technology strategies to achieve and support them.
- Keeps up to date on technology and related business trends and capabilities and recommends the application of new capabilities to promote innovation and ensure the organization is aware of opportunities.
|15%||Staff Leadership and Development|
- Selects, trains and evaluates technology professionals
- Promotes professional development through leadership and mentorship
- Assigns work and provides work guidance and direction
- Reinforces a culture of innovation and professional growth
|15%||Operational and Project Management|
- Manages budget and controls expenses effectively
- Identifies and prioritizes technology-related projects
- Manages projects; scope, timeline and budget
- Monitors resources and capacity and allocates resources to accomplish projects
|10%||External Resource Management|
- Researches and makes recommendations on hardware and software purchases.
- Negotiates with vendors on behalf of the company to ensure cost-effective purchasing decisions.
- Identifies, recommends, and manages external partners, vendors and other 3rd-party resources. Communicates and collaborates with other technology resources in the Farm Credit System and financial services industry.
|n/a||Other duties as assigned to meet the needs of the organization.|
* Essential Functions for this position consist of all items listed under any category that make up 5% or more of the job duties. This job description is subject to change without notice.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Technical capability: Expert technical knowledge in the use and application of current infrastructure, cloud, networking, storage, database, platform and related technologies and systems
- Skills in Strategic Thinking
- Skills in Leadership, coaching, mentoring
- Skills in Communication Proficiency: Oral, written and presentation communication skills sufficient to discuss a variety of job-related topics, and to effectively communicate complex topics to a variety of audiences
- Skills in Teamwork
- Expert knowledge of technical policies, processes and standards
- Working knowledge of the budgeting process
- Skill in communicating objectives and delegating responsibility
- Skill in planning and coordinating projects related to the implementation of technology solutions
- Skill in analyzing complex technical data by using logic and quantitative reasoning
- Skill in setting priorities to reflect the importance of job responsibilities
- Responsible to appropriately protect the confidentiality, security, and integrity of the Association’s systems and data and clients’ data
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer information systems or related degree
- 7 years of related experience
- 3 year of supervisory experience
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Human.Resources@myfcsfinancial.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.