Take the next step in your career and act on this opportunity to join the quality team of a major agricultural lending institution! FCS Financial is seeking an independent, competitive, pro-active self-starter. This Loan Officer position develops and maintains a portfolio of loans with a focus on the crop industry. This person must maintain and service a current portfolio along with creating new loans. They must also develop and maintain customer relationships. This is a fast-paced, challenging, and mobile environment.
This position’s market territory is in West Central Missouri with potential office locations in Harrisonville or Higginsville, Missouri.
This position is open until filled.
This position is classified as Exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Reports to: Vice President, Team Leader, Commercial-Crop
- Coordinates covenant monitoring by collecting required customer reports and information
- Provides information on subsequent loan servicing actions
- Reviews portfolio to determine if it is accurately classified
- Educates customers regarding their financial position and industry/financing trends
- Provides on-going financial feedback and business guidance that enables the customer to continually grow the operation in a profitable and sustainable manner
New Loan Origination
- Identifies customer needs
- Gathers customer information needed for loan approval
- Compiles information into comprehensive package for Loan Committee consideration
- Delegates tasks to Financial Services Specialists
- Monitors loan progress
- Advocates for loan packages that are beneficial for customers and the Association
- Presents approved loan package to customer
Customer Relationship Development
- Identifies and contacts potential customers
- Determines approach for establishing a relationship with each potential customer
- Gains understanding of customer business and lending needs
- Attends and participates in community and industry events
- Identifies and attends trainings and meetings to enhance knowledge of the industry, customers, and financial services
Other duties as assigned to meet the needs of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, sales, finance or related field
- Related experience in agriculture, sales or finance
- Or a combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Working knowledge of the financials of farm and agribusiness
- Working knowledge of current agricultural lending practices and the financial services industry
- Working knowledge of agriculture and livestock production
- Skill in interpreting the financials of large, complex and/or multi-entity farming operations
- Skill in reasoning persuasively to sell Association products and services
- Skill in establishing and maintaining relationships with existing and perspective customers
- Oral and written communication skills, sufficient to exchange information effectively with peers, supervisor and customers
- Skill in working as part of a team and collaborating with colleagues
- Skill in utilizing a available technology to increase efficiency and/or effectiveness
- Skill in writing technical reports
- Skill in preparing and presenting information to an audience in an engaging and effective way
- Responsible to appropriately protect the confidentiality, security, and integrity of the Association’s systems and data and clients’ data
Scope of Responsibilities:
Loan Portfolio Up to $50 million annual average
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Human.Resources@myfcsfinancial.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.