Take the next step in your career and act on this opportunity to join the quality team of a major agricultural lending institution! FCS Financial is seeking an accurate, conscientious, analytical, and detail-oriented individual. This high-level senior position leads the audit function in performing credit, operational, financial, compliance or investigative audits and provides the Association management and Board of Directors, and its committees, with evaluations of the effectiveness of the organization’s established internal control systems. Our successful candidate must have experience or knowledge in the following areas: Lending and Credit Underwriting, Audit Plan Development/Implementation; Compliance and Internal Control System Review including Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICFR); Loan Review; Reporting; and Leadership Skills.
Preferred location is our Central Office in Jefferson City however, we are open to location based on the candidate’s qualifications and needs.
This position is open until filled.
Department: Risk Management
Reports To: Chief Risk Officer, with dotted line to the Board of Directors
Supervises: Vice President Internal Controls, Auditor & Credit Reviewers
|20%||Audit Plan Development/Implementation|
- Facilitate the completion of the annual Business Risk Assessment process
- Develops, recommends and implements a risk-based Audit Plan that meets Association and external requirements
- Identifies internal and external resources to perform audits; assesses quality, and competencies
|20%||Compliance and Internal Control System Review, including ICFR|
- Reviews and reports on Association compliance with related laws, regulations, policies, and procedures in relation to risks involved
- Reviews and evaluates the effectiveness of the organizational internal control system, including Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICFR), and determines compliance with Association compliance with related laws.
- Directs the lending and loan review aspects of the audit plan, including the review of loan originations for adherence to established lending procedures
- Communicates loan review results to management
- Determines which internal audit findings/recommendations should be escalated to management and/or board
- Prepares and reviews internal audit reports summarizing results and recommendations of internal audits for distribution to audit committee and management
- Reports results of completed audits to the audit committee, including the potential risks of findings and recommendations for corrective actions
- Reviews and reports on association compliance with related laws, regulations, policies, and procedures in relation to risks involved
- Report ICFR annual progress to the Boards Audit Committee
- Coordinates the reporting of results and recommendations to audit committee and management
- Develops, motivates, and evaluates staff
- Determines division of responsibilities and provides work guidance and direction
- Reinforces “tone at the top”
- Recommends and implements performance standards
|n/a||Other duties as assigned to meet the needs of the organization.|
* Essential Functions for this position consist of all items listed under any category that make up 5% or more of the job duties. This job description is subject to change without notice.Scope of Responsibilities:
|Internal Audit Reports||20 – 25 annually|
|External Audit Reports||5 – 10 annually|
|Association Loan Volume||$4,500,000,000|
|Supervision||3 direct reports|
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Computer Science or a related field
- 5 years of lending or credit experience
- 5 years of experience in public accounting and/or relevant industry internal audit experience
- 3 years of supervisory experience
- Professional certification (CPA, CIA, CISA) preferred
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job
- Expert knowledge of internal auditing standards and processes and controls
- Advanced knowledge of Financial reporting, including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Generally Accepted Auditing Standards
- Expert knowledge of audit processes and plans
- Expert knowledge of business risk assessment processes and plans
- Advanced knowledge of ICFR/Sarbanes Oxley
- Advanced knowledge of lending and credit management
- Skill in using Microsoft technologies including e-mail, word and spreadsheet processing
- Skill in lending laws, regulations, and ag specific guidelines
- Skill in prioritizing assignments and utilizing time to complete work in an effective and efficient manner
- Skill in establishing and maintaining relationships with a variety of internal and external organizations and individuals
- Oral and written communication skills, sufficient to discuss a variety of job-related topics, and to effectively communicate complex topics to a variety of audiences
- Skill in utilizing Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook to increase efficiency and effectiveness
- Responsible to appropriately protect the confidentiality, security, and integrity of the Association’s systems and data and clients’ data
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Human.Resources@myfcsfinancial.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.