Take the next step in your career and act on this opportunity to join the quality team of a statewide insurance provider! FCS Financial, part of the Farm Credit Network, is seeking a independent, competitive, pro-active self-starter. This person's primary responsibilities are to provide risk management solutions through the sales and servicing of crop, livestock, weather and named peril insurance products for four major Approved Insurance Providers throughout their assigned territory.
The office location for this position is Hannibal, Missouri.
This position is classified as Exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
This position is open until filled.
Department: Marketplace Services
Reports to: Team Leader, Crop Insurance
- Ensures compliance with policy provisions by reviewing customer situations and identifying the need for additional information
- Communicates with the insurance companies, customer service teams and customers to ensure customer needs are met
- Collects and distributes information to appropriate individuals
- Receives and tracks documents related to crop insurance policies
- Reviews documents for accuracy, requests additional information when needed, and approves submitted documents
- Monitors process to ensure completion and compliance with requirements
Marketing and Sales of Crop and Livestock Insurance Products
- Identifies prospective and current customers with insurance needs
- Determines approach for establishing a relationship with each potential customer
- Meets with customers to analyze customer needs and determine appropriate products for crop and livestock policies
- Services and sells new products to existing customers
- Sells insurance products to new customers
- Develops a marketing plan for an assigned territory
- Allocates marketing budget dollars to activities and materials
- Orders and delivers marketing materials
- Coordinates sales and marketing activities with other Association employees
- Joins and participates in community and industry organizations
- Attends and participates in community and industry events
- Identifies and attends trainings and meetings to enhance knowledge of the industry, customers, and financial services
Other duties as assigned to meet the needs of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, sales, finance or related field
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Working knowledge of crop insurance policies, processes and procedures
- Working knowledge of the agriculture industry
- Working knowledge of marketing strategies
- General knowledge of agronomy and livestock production
- General knowledge of agricultural commodity marketing
- Ability to acquire a valid Missouri crop insurance license
- Expert customer service skills, including the ability to communicate complicated information, deliver bad news effectively, and exceed customer expectations
- Oral and written communication skills, sufficient to exchange information effectively with peers, supervisor and customers
- Skill in prioritizing assignments to complete work in a timely manner
- Skill in gathering, compiling and organizing information
- Skill in utilizing time in an efficient and effective manner
- Skill in working as part of a team and collaborating with colleagues
- Skill in preparing and presenting information to an audience in an engaging and effective way
- Skill in utilizing Microsoft Office to increase efficiency and/or effectiveness
- Responsible to appropriately protect the confidentiality, security, and integrity of the Association’s systems and data and clients’ data
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Human.Resources@myfcsfinancial.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.