Take the next step in your career and act on this opportunity to join the quality team of a major agricultural lending institution! FCS Financial, part of the Farm Credit Network, is seeking a conscientious, friendly, dedicated, and detailed-oriented individual.
This Financial Services Specialist position provides front-line customer service in a branch office and coordinates office operations. This position is located in the Nevada, Missouri. This position closes on April 25, 2019.
This position is classified as Non-Exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Department: Marketplace Services
Reports To: Customer Service Team Leader
Loan Origination, Processing and Servicing
- Assists the Financial Services Officers in preparing loan packages that meet procedural and regulatory requirements by:
- Assisting in the collection of personal and financial data
- Completing data entry for loan submission
- Organizing and reviewing data for completeness and accuracy (underwriting/ loan servicing, etc.)
- Preparing loan closing documentation
- Verifying adequate insurance coverage and local, state and third party required loan documentation
- Following up on missing or incomplete documentation (i.e. earnings information / financial information, etc.)
- Completing lien and drug enforcement agency searches, flood determinations
- Maintaining electronic file
- Processing loan servicing action request
- Answers the phones and assists walk in customers by assessing and interpreting customer needs.
- Responds to customer request and /or identifies staff member who should respond to customer request.
- Accepts, identifies and processes loan payments and provides receipts to customers
- Provide various other services which may include loan and funds held advances, payoff documentation, ordering drafts and notary services
- Provides standard information on rates, products and insurance to customers
- Applies standard processes, policies and procedures to determine actions on various account maintenance activities, which may include:
- Posting receipts and disbursements daily
- Monitoring daily, monthly and year end reports to identify and resolve discrepancies
- Processing incoming and outgoing electronic transfers
- Making initial customer contact on early delinquent payments
- Correcting customer account payment or disbursement entries
- Releasing liens and returning paid notes
- Monitoring insurance documentation to ensure procedural requirements are met
General Office Duties
- Contacts service providers for office equipment maintenance and document shredding
- Orders office supplies
- Schedules, sets up and coordinates meetings and events
- Authorizes invoices for office expenses
- Handles internal and external mail
Other duties as assigned to meet the needs of the organization.
- High School diploma
- 2 years of related experience
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Working knowledge of the operation of a multi-line phone system
- General knowledge of credit processing procedures
- General knowledge of accounting practices and procedures
- Oral and written communication skills, sufficient to exchange information effectively with peers, supervisor and customers
- Skill in listening and conveying awareness of a customer's problem or issue to find resolution
- Skill in performing a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature
- Skill in organizing material and information in a systematic way to optimize efficiency
- Skill in recognizing and maintaining confidential information
- Skill in utilizing Word, Excel and Outlook to increase efficiency and/or effectiveness.
- Responsible to appropriately protect the confidentiality, security, and integrity of the Association’s systems and data and clients’ data
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Human.Resources@myfcsfinancial.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.