Take the next step in your career and act on this opportunity to join the quality team of a major agricultural lending institution! FCS Financial is seeking
two Vice President-Team Leaders, Appraisal and Collateral Risk Management to join our Appraisal team! Both of these Team Leaders will work collaboratively with our appraisal staff to achieve quality appraisals with timeliness, efficiency and
sales analysis for internal and external clients. Being able to develop, motivate, and evaluate a team; build relationships and communicate effectively and tactfully are key attributes to being successful in this role. The successful candidate should also
be pro-active, analytical, and collaborative.
Potential office locations: Columbia, Harrisonville, Higginsville, Jefferson City, Macon, and Springfield. Other office locations will be considered.
This position is open until filled.
This position is classified as Exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Department: Risk Management
Reports To: EVP Risk Management
Supervises: Appraisal Professionals
Appraisal and Collateral Valuation Services
- Completes internal appraisals and reports analyzed sales
- Coordinates and assigns internal and outside appraisal assignments to team
- Completes outside fee appraisals
- Completes or delegates as appropriate collateral valuation assignments on all sources of pledged collateral
- Reviews and approves outside appraisals and monitors approved appraiser list
- Develops, motivates, and evaluates a team of appraisal professionals
- Makes hiring and promotional recommendations
- Determines division of responsibilities and provides work guidance and direction
- Recommends and implements performance standards
- Trains collateral evaluators for all sources of pledged collateral
- Trains new appraisal trainees
- Provides direction towards General Certification requirements through the state appraisal commission
- Coordinates the Benchmark Appraisal process and the Range of Value process for the Association
- Mediates communications between Association leadership, AgriBank, other parties and the appraisal staff
- Ensures credible, reliable, and well supported value conclusions of properties are completed for internal and external clients
- Provides guidance, recommends, and/or approves procedures for appraisals and Collateral Evaluations; promotes process improvement enhancements to increase efficiency and effectiveness of appraisal and collateral valuation operations
- Reviews and approves exceptions
- Documents, monitors, analyzes, and reports trends on benchmark results and other real estate values and provides reports to Executive Leadership Team and Board of Directors for use in decision making
Other duties as assigned to meet the needs of the organization.
Scope of Responsibilities:
5-10 direct reports
Annual Appraisals or Collateral Valuations
Collateral Value Appraised
$300 - $500 Million
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture management, agriculture business, business administration, real estate, economics or a related field
- 7 years of related experience
- 1 year of supervisory experience
- Certified General Real Estate Appraisal license
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Skill in using Microsoft technologies including e-mail, word and spreadsheet processing
- Expertise in the areas of rural real estate appraisal practices
- Expertise in FCS Financial appraisal procedures
- Expertise as a Certified General Real Estate Appraiser
- Knowledge of Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practices (USPAP)
- Skill in Uniform Agriculture Appraisal Report (UAAR) writing
- Oral and written communication skills, sufficient to discuss a variety of job-related topics, and to effectively communicate complex topics to a variety of audiences
- Skill in managing, coaching, motivating and developing a team
- Responsible to appropriately protect the confidentiality, security, and integrity of the Association’s systems and data and clients’ data
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Human.Resources@myfcsfinancial.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.