Take the next step in your career and act on this opportunity to join the quality team of a major agricultural lending institution! FCS Financial, which is part of the Farm Credit Network, is seeking an independent, competitive, pro-active self-starter.
This Loan Officer position, in the Springfield/Joplin market, is centered around developing and growing an Agri-Consumer loan portfolio for customers with, part-time farms, hobby farms, rural residences, and recreational properties. A bachelor’s degree, experience
in the agricultural industry, knowledge of credit concepts, and excellent interpersonal and team building skills are required.
This position is located in the southwest part of Missouri in the Springfield and Joplin area.
This position closes August 22, 2018.
Department: Marketplace Services
Reports To: Vice President Team Leader, Traditional and Part-time Farmer
This position is classified as exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Meets with current and new customers to gather, update, and review financial and scope of operation information to determine eligibility
- Completes the Farm Credit Services (FCS) application workbook in order to submit to the credit department
Marketing and Sales
- Represents and promotes FCS Financial at agricultural organization meetings and events
- Attends auctions and sale barns to promote FCS services and products
- Determines appropriate sales approach for potential or current customers
- Determines potential customer base and sales opportunities by prospecting and making cold calls
- Contacts internal resources (credit, appraisal, crop insurance, customer service) to coordinate activities ensure customer needs are met
- Contacts external resources (FSA, title companies, surveyors, legal counsel, appraisers, CPA’s) to coordinate activities and ensure customer needs are met
Chattel and Collateral Valuations
- Determines value of chattel (cattle, crops, machinery) and collateral (real estate) using external resources such as websites, local grain market, livestock facilities, and the internal appraisal manual for real estate
- Attends loan officer development training courses
- Determines location for loan closing and coordinates schedules to ensure loan closing time and location meets customer needs
Other duties as assigned to meet the needs of the organization.
Scope of Responsibilities:
Up to $35M
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, business or a related field
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job
Required Knowledge and Skills
- General knowledge of the sales process
- General knowledge of negotiating tactics
- General knowledge of marketing strategies
- General knowledge of financial services industry
- General knowledge of the agricultural industry
- General knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Skill in negotiating agreements to achieve the best outcome for the organization
- Skill in using Microsoft technologies including e-mail, word and spreadsheet processing
- Skill in listening and conveying awareness of a customer's problem or issue to find resolution
- Oral and written communication skills sufficient to discuss a variety of job-related topics, and to effectively communicate complex topics to a variety of audiences
- Responsible to appropriately protect the confidentiality, security, and integrity of the Association’s systems and data and clients’ data
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Human.Resources@myfcsfinancial.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.