Take the next step in your career and act on this opportunity to join the quality team of a major agricultural lending institution! FCS Financial, part of the Farm Credit Network, is seeking a conscientious, friendly, dedicated, and detailed-oriented individual.
This Financial Services Specialist, Crop Insurance position processes and services all crop insurance policies within an assigned territory.. Serves as a liaison/facilitator in the workflow between the market facing staff, the internal staff and external
resources. This position is located in Columbia, Missouri. This posting will close on August 13, 2018.
Department: Marketplace Services
Reports To: Service Team Leader - Insurance
This position is classified as Non-Exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Receives and tracks documents related to crop insurance policies
- Reviews documents for accuracy and requests additional information when needed
- Monitors process to ensure completion and compliance with requirements
Electronic File Management
- Creates cover pages for policy documents
- Scans documents into Document Management Program
- Determines correct Customer Identification File number
- Verifies each policy for proper conversion
- Sets up new contacts and updates contact records as needed
- Resolves discrepancies in the Customer Relationship Management System
- Orders and retires stock through Cornerstone
Paper File Management
- Files original paper policy documents
- Maintains paper filing systems according to record retention policies
- Provides customer service through telephone, email and face to face interactions
- Determines customer needs and responds
- Schedules customer appointments
- Communicates with other insurance agents, approved insurance providers, Farm Service Agency staff and lenders to resolve customer issues and questions
Insurance Claims Processing
- Receives calls regarding insurance claims
- Actuates claims processing to insurance providers
- Communicates with insurance adjusters to facilitate accuracy on claims
- Attends meetings, conferences and training sessions to understand changes to the crop insurance programs, processes and procedures and to attain and maintain a crop insurance license
- Processes incoming and outgoing daily mail
- Prepares bulk mailings for processing deadlines
Other duties as assigned to meet the needs of the organization.
- High School diploma
- 1 year of related experience
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Working knowledge of the agriculture industry
- General knowledge of Association financial operating systems
- General knowledge of how crop insurance works
- Ability to obtain Missouri Crop Insurance License
- Skill in listening and conveying awareness of a customer's problem or issue to find resolution
- Oral and written communication skills, sufficient to exchange information effectively with peers, supervisor and customers
- Skill in prioritizing assignments to complete work in a timely manner
- Skill in gathering, compiling and organizing information
- Skill in utilizing time in an efficient and effective manner
- Skill in working as part of a team and collaborating with colleagues
- Skill in performing a variety of duties under the stress of frequent interruptions or distractions
- Skill in utilizing Microsoft Office to increase efficiency and/or effectiveness
- Responsible to appropriately protect the confidentiality, security, and integrity of the Association’s systems and data and clients’ data
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Human.Resources@myfcsfinancial.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.